Cranes Software International Limited : Significant Achievements
- Cranes Software International Limited (Cranes Software) founded by two young, entrepreneurs.
- Initial focus on engineering software.
- Acquired Indian subcontinent distribution rights for MATLAB™.
- Strategic alliance with dSPACE adds DSP development tools to portfolio.
- Alliance with Mentor Graphics' Nucleus Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) for embedded solutions.
- Cranes Varsity established for providing training services in DSP, RTOS, embedded systems and mathematical modeling and simulation (MMS).
- Cranes Varsity initiates corporate training and engages leading industry players.
- Cranes Varsity acquires training authorization for Texas Instruments' DSP University programme; initiates mathematical modeling and simulation training using MATLAB; and real time operating systems using Nucleus.
- Launch of Cranes' consulting division: initial engagements with GE, TI, the MathWorks and SPSS Inc.
- Acquisition of AISN Software along with its market leading software products TableCurve 2D, TableCurve 3D and PeakFit.
- Domestic mandates for marketing globally established products in telecom and networking, 3G and tool chains for principals Texas Instruments, the MathWorks, Radioscape, AdventNet and Metaware.
- Cranes Varsity becomes Global Connection Partner for the MathWorks, Inc.
- Acquisition of SYSTAT from SPSS Inc.
- Fully-owned U.S. subsidiary incorporated in Richmond, California.
- R&D center established in Bangalore to develop product upgrades, and conduct research in new technologies.
- Fully-owned U.K. subsidiary incorporated in London.
- CranesSci MEMS Lab established for MEMS research initiative in collaboration with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- ISO 9001-2000 certification acquired.
- Global marketing and distribution alliance with AISN Software for the AutoSignal product.
- Varsity alliance for introducing Rational Seed Programme at universities in South India.
- Release of all-new, internally-developed TableCurve 3D Version 4.0 and SYSTAT Version 10.2.
- Distribution rights for Texas Instruments' digital signal processing (DSP) tools in the ASEAN region.
- Incorporated fully-owned subsidiaries in Singapore and Germany.
- Launched SYSTAT Version 10.2 in Japanese to address latent local demand.
- Invested in IISc faculty venture, ESQUBE, focused on communication technology research.
- Rated as Technology Leaders for two consecutive years by Scientific Computing & Instrumentation, USA.
- SYSTAT rated the top five product of the year under 'Data Visualization' category by Scientific Computing and Instrumentation.
- Acquisition of the presentation and analysis Sigma product line from SPSS Inc. for US $ 13 million.
- Listing of GDRs in Luxemburg Stock Exchange.
- Wireless technology alliance with leading global instrumentation player National Instruments.
- Assessed at SEI CMM Level 5 covering software product development and services across the Group operations.
- Appointment of noted biologist Dr. Manju Bansal, one of India's foremost computational biologists and a Professor at Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore on Cranes' Board.
- Cranes Software's shares are listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE).
- Cranes enters JV with the Dubai-based Kanoo Group to set-up operations in the Middle East.
- Cranes Software is ranked the leading Indian publicly listed technology company by the 2004 edition of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu's Asia Pacific Technology Fast 500 survey.
- The Scientific Computing & Instrumentation (SCI) Journal, picks SYSTAT 11.0 for the top products award in the statistical data analysis segment for the year 2004.
- Acquired Engineering Mechanics Research Corporation (EMRC), the developer of the NISA family of FEA programs and a pioneer in the field of Computer Aided Engineering Software.
- Dr. Peter Ryser, a Swiss citizen, and a professor of microtechnology at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is appointed on Cranes' Board of Directors.
- Launched SYSTAT 11 in Japanese to further address the Japanese market.
- Cranes Software Licenses Equbits' Predictive Modeling Framework to develop an integrated module for the data mining community.
- Cranes Software decides to invest in InventX™ePM Project Portfolio Management Solution, product development and life-cycle management.
- Cranes ranked Asia's fastest growing technology company by the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific 2005.
- Awarded distinguished application product company at the NASSCOM product summit 2005
- SYSTAT awarded Statistics 2005 products of the year by Scientific Computing & Instrumentation Journal.
- Cranes acquired the business of Karna Softek India to gain a strong presence in the banking and financial services vertical.
- Cranes raised € 42 million through FCCB to high profile global investors and thereafter re-aligned the overall debt structure.
- Cranes acquired EMRC US operations and marked the entry into the US$ 1 billion Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software market, a key constituent of the larger market for engineering software globally.
- Cranes acquired InventX ePM a web-based project portfolio management software company.
- Launched NISA Version 14.0, the latest version of this Finite Element Analysis suite which includes 30 new features that have significantly improved performance and usability
- Launched Sigma Plot 10 the latest version of scientific graphing and data analysis software package.
- Cranes acquired Capella an automated report writing, scheduling and distribution tool.
- Cranes acquired AnalytiX Systems which has capabilities in the embedded analytics space, including mobile solutions, data analysis and data mining, which allows Cranes to take forward the business support solutions initiative
- Achieved India's first ISO 27001:2005 accreditation by DNV under Norwegian accreditation, the ultimate benchmark for information security.
- Launched NISA V14.0 for Linux Operating System to enable enterprise users to handle large engineering simulations with ease and in a more cost effective way.
- Received UKTI award for the New Market Entrant of the year which felicitate Business Excellence by the Indian corporate community and recognize their contribution towards furthering the Indo UK Trade Exchanges.
- Launched InventX SP2 M 4, which supports end-to-end business planning from strategic to operational with multi-site project management and product development support environment
- NISA Civil received the ACCE-CDC award 2006 for best software package in civil engineering.
- NISA Version 15.0 launched. This release has substantial enhancements addressing the seismic analysis requirements of power industry, and the improvements made to address the interoperability of NISA with other CAD/CAE tools. Concluded an agreement along with Engineering Technology Associates (ETA) of USA, to distribute and support LSTC's LS-DYNA™ and ETA's eta/VPG™ & eta/DYNAFORM™ products across India.
- Launched Systat 12, providing users with a comprehensive statistical analysis software package. This version also makes major strides in ease of use and contains major new statistical features which include Mixed Model Analysis, more Robust Regression procedures, Partial Least Squares Regression, Response Surface Optimization, and many new probability distributions.
- Launched NISA/CIVIL Version 15. The new version of NISA/CIVIL has been developed with a strong emphasis on the requirements of structural engineers focusing on the British and American steel and concrete building construction industry.
- Launched NISA Version 15.0 for LINUX. It will allow the LINUX community to avail all the benefits which are enjoyed by our Windows users. A key improvement is the availability of the software as RPM package which greatly simplifies the installation process.
- Cranes acquired Dunn Solutions Group (DSG), a US-based technology consultancy with proven expertise in Intellectual Properties (IPs) / products in Enterprise Analytics, focussing on business intelligence (BI), and enterprise level knowledge management.
- NISA Civil received the ACCE-CDC award 2006 for best software package in civil engineering.
- Cranes acquired Tilak AutoTech (TAT), a Pune-based focused on automotive embedded products and solutions around this for development of embedded engine control modules Launches NISA DesignStudio, bringing the design and analysis capability of the award-winning NISA/CIVIL software to the desk of individual structural design consultants.
- Cranes Software and Fractal Analytics forms alliance, co-develops Predicta, a sophisticated model and scorecard development application with domain specific knowledge and analytical prowess embedded in it.
- Launches 64 bit NISA Version 15.5 on Microsoft® Windows targeted at the enterprise customers enabling them to solve large size problems. This version also introduces the multicore/multi processor computing capability to NISA.
- Cranes acquired Engineering Technology Associates (ETA), a US based specialized auto consulting and product development firm. ETA is a tier 1 vendor to the top three US car manufacturers and their expertise lies in developing Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) centric products for auto safety, vibration, and noise testing under simulated conditions.
- Cranes released NISA Version 15.5 - targeted towards enterprise customers enabling them to solve large size complex structural and fluid problems significantly faster using multi-core/multi-processor machines.
- Cranes released NISA Version 15.0 - latest version of NISA for the Linux community with substantial enhancements addressing seismic analysis requirements of power industry
- Cranes released NISA DesignStudio - a civil engineering software for individual structural design consultants.
- Cranes released MYSTAT 12 - a freely downloadable statistical analysis software package designed specifically for the use of students and teaching community
- Sigmaplot 11® wins Scientific Computing Magazine's Reader's Choice Award 2008 in the 'Graphing' and 'Statistical Analysis' categories.
- Cranes Software International Limited acquires Cubeware, a business intelligence product company headquartered in Rosenheim, close to Munich.
- Cranes released NISA/CIVIL Version 16 - the latest version of its industry leading FEA package 'NISA/CIVIL'. NISA/CIVIL addresses a range of issues of vital significance to architects and civil engineers working with RCC and Steel structures.