Project Life Cycle
Initial - Analysis - Design - Development - Review - Testing - Deployment
Software Development Metrics at CSIL
- Initial - This is the first phase for every project when our marketing team meets the clients to understand the customer
requirements - Feasibility study /Requirement Gathering/SRS
- Analysis - Technical Analysis its Feasibility is conducted - Software Development Plan (MS project).
- Risk Management -Risk Identification, Risk Quantification, Risk Response Mitigation / Contingency Development.
- Software Configuration Plan (VSS), Software Test Plan & Test Case Documents are prepared.
- Design - Design specification document SDD is generated using Rational ROSE/ UML / MS Visio.
- Development - As of the design, coding is accomplished.
- Configuration- Baseline Control, Change Control, Version Control using VSS
- Review - Reviews happen at every phase of the lifecycle through out at various milestones
- Testing - Testing is done at all stages (Rational Robot/Test Factory)
- Measurement & Metrics gathering & analysis using Quality Statistical Tools
- Deployment - Release of the software
- Customer Satisfaction Project Deliverables
- Planned Vs. Actual Defects
- Acceptance Testing
- Defect Leakage Index
- Test Efficiency
- Effort slippage, Schedule Slippage, defect Density
- Work Product Audit - Planned Vs. Actual
- Defects · Review - Document, Code
- Testing - Unit, Integration, System
- Baseline Changes
- Audit Nonconformance
- MRM Metrics & IQA Metrics
- QMS trend
- Corrective & Preventive action Metrics
- Design Schedule Metrics
- SCM Metrics
- Release Metrics
- Training Metrics
- Communication Metrics